Cents Positive is first and foremost a social event where women can meet others on a similarly unconventional life path, pursuing financial independence instead of the standard script. You’ll leave with new friends and a strong support network you can lean on as you continue on your FI journey.
And the word “retreat” is no accident — this isn’t a jam-packed conference that expects you to get up before sunrise and attend 10 different sessions. This is a leisurely paced weekend with a few programmed events but lots of free time, too.
Stay tuned for details on 2019 events!
What’s On the Agenda?
The precise agenda will depend on what attendees (that’s you!) say you want, and you’ll receive a survey link after registering in which you can share exactly what you’d like to get out of the event. You can definitely expect a mix of time together as a group and some unstructured time to hang out with your new friends, including:
- Freeform time Friday afternoon for those able to arrive early
- Friday night group dinner
- Activities to meet others at a similar point in their journey as you, in your geographic region, etc.
- Short, inspiring talks from cool women
- Saturday night dinner in small groups
- An optional fun/silly Saturday night activity
- Q&A time in which you can share your challenges with a group and get feedback or troubleshooting help
- Popup sessions and discussions Sunday morning
Sign up for the email newsletter to get info about applying for one of the Cents Positive scholarships:
- Two scholarships to attend the retreat, including lodging and all included meals